Tuesday 3 April 2012

Dali and Alliteration

I'm away for most of next week, so I should be spending my time writing up posts to appear in that time.  Instead, I've been playing Scrabble (won by one point - woo!), reading my first ever graphic novel, watching Neighbours, and coming up with chapter outlines for my thesis.  It's fun trying to summarise the argument for a chapter I wrote two years ago...

So no proper post today, but (for no real reason) a Salvador Dali painting by way of a reminder about my old post about Alice's Adventures in Wonderland illustrators...


...and one of those little questions which is a great way to add to my ever-growing list of books to read, and to get your brains working a bit.

I'd like to know a recommendation (so it has to be good!) for a book where the title (not including A/The etc.) and the author's surname begin with the same letter.  Because... well, why not?  It's trickier than it sounds.  I'm going to suggest a few to get you started...

The Diary of a Provincial Lady - E.M. Delafield
Literary Lapses - Stephen Leacock
Howards End is on the Landing - Susan Hill

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment