Tuesday 3 September 2013

A Century of Books: 2014



Congratulations to Thomas at My Porch who has finished his Century of Books!  I know that he found it tough going at times, and I'm delighted that another person has joined Claire and me at the finish line - is anyone else still going?

For those who don't know, A Century of Books is a challenge where you read one book for every year of the 20th century, in as much time as (and in whatever order) you choose.  Claire and I set out to do it in a year, and both completed our century in 2012 (you can read our lists here and here).  I also added in the proviso that I'd review them all, which Claire did too.

And this is advance warning that we'll both be doing A Century of Books again in 2014!  I'm going to aim to complete in a year again, but I hope others will join in on whatever scheme they set out for themselves.  It's such a fun challenge - in fact, it's the anti-challenge challenge, because (for the first nine or ten months anyway) I didn't even notice I was doing a challenge, since I could just fill in books as I went along in my normal reading patterns.  It's also incredibly satisfying to look back at the completed list, and see a (very subjective and selective) overview of the century.

Hope you're interested in participating in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment