Saturday 17 August 2013

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany: Shirley Jackson Special!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far - I'm going to be seeing Felicity Kendal in Alan Ayckbourn's Relatively Speaking tonight, which is pretty exciting (although I did start reading a book by him yesterday that gave away the plot, ooops...)  Entirely unrelated to that, this week's book, blog post, and link come with a Shirley Jackson theme!

1.) The book - it was via Claire/Paperback Reader's Facebook page that I discovered the obscure Shirley Jackson novels I'd hankered after were - gasp - soon to be reprinted by Penguin!  So, Hangsaman, The Sundial, and The Road Through The Wall will all come out over the next few months.  I'm starting to wish I hadn't spent a pretty penny on The Sundial, especially since I still haven't read it...

2.) The link - the New Yorker had a great interview with Shirley Jackson's son last month...

3.) The blog post - hunting around for a recent Shirley Jackson post, I stumbled on a great review (and discussion in the comments section) of We Have Always Lived in the Castle, over at Estella's Revenge.

Have you read any/much/all of Shirley Jackson?  Let me know your favourites, or you want to read next....

No comments:

Post a Comment